PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) is issued pursuant to the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”). It describes how DIGITAL HEALTH MALAYSIA (“DHM”) uses your Personal Data.
By registering your interest with us or by transacting or interacting with us either at our events, conferences, workshops, seminar, training courses or otherwise, or by using the DHM website at www.crestevendz.com.my (“Website”), you consent to the collection, processing, use, disclosure and retention (collectively “processing”) of your Personal Data by DHM and all persons involved in the provision of products or services by us.
This Notice may be updated from time to time without prior notice to you. By continuing to communicate with us or by continuing to use our services following modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, this shall signify your acceptance of such modification, updates or amendments.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. DHM shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website.
- 1. Collection of Personal Data
“Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided such as your name, identity card number, marital status, gender date of birth, contact details (such as telephone or mobile number, email address, company or mailing address), occupation details (such as job title and/or designation) your personal preferences, that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by DHM from time to time.
- ●Generally, the Personal Data information that we collect comes from you directly. For example, during your communications with us or enter into any transactions with us or when you register with us (whether online or otherwise).
- ●In addition, DHM may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by DHM and/or from the cookies used on the Website or from various reference checks or from the various governmental authorities or publicly available sources.
- ●If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his behalf and consents to the processing of his/her personal information.
- ●The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, failure to supply such data may result in us being unable to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide the services you require or (iii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
- ●You are entitled to withdraw your consent to the processing of your Personal Data at any point in time by notifying us in accordance with Section 4 below. However, please note that notwithstanding the withdrawal of your consent, we may still proceed to process your Personal Data in circumstances recognized and permitted by law.
- 2. Purposes of Processing
We may process your Personal Data for the purposes which shall include, without limitation:
- ●to communicate with you, including responding to your inquiries;
- ●to process your transactions (including to facilitate payments and delivery of goods and services) and to provide services and facilities to you from time to time;
- ●to distribute or disseminate information or details of events, seminars, conferences and talks which may be of interest to you that DHM may be selling, marketing, offering or promoting, whether such products or services exist now or are created in the future;
- ●for internal administrative purposes such as record keeping, maintenance and updating of any information database(s);
- ●for customer service related matters and to manage our relationship with you;
- ●to comply with, any legal or regulatory requirements or as required or permitted under any laws, rules, regulations, court orders, by-laws, guidelines, circulars or codes applicable to us or all persons, agents, sub-contractors involved in the provision of products or services by us;
- ●to process any applications or requests for new services and/or products made by you;
- ●to enforce our legal and/or contractual rights against you;
- ●for any other purpose that is incidental or ancillary to the above purposes; and
- ●other reasons that are required or permitted under the PDPA or other applicable laws and you agree and consent to DHM using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
- 3. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
For the purposes listed above in Section 2, we may engage and or involve other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on DHM behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data. Where we do so, we would merely disclose Personal Data that is necessary for the purpose of such disclosure.
You acknowledge and consent to the processing, disclosure and/or transfer of your Personal Data to any of the following categories of persons or entities (whether located within or outside Malaysia) for any of the purposes listed in Section B above:
- ●our sub-contractors and service and product providers in connection with our products or services, including Information Technology (IT) providers, external auditors, financial institutions or any individual or professional advisors or services providers;
- ●our joint-venture partners or affiliated associations or collaborators or supporting organization in the provision of our products and services;
- ●so required under any laws, regulatory and governmental authorities, agency or body in order to comply with statutory and government requirements.
- 4.Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter make a written request for access to, or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data or limit the processing of your Personal Data, or seek further information by contacting:
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, we have the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under the applicable laws, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.
DIGITAL HEALTH MALAYSIA
Dated: May 2019